Wednesday, August 12, 2009

skincare

a subject near and dear to my heart. who in the world wants terrible skin?

  • Proactiv: Verdit: Yes (it's not terribly expensive anyway). This stuff actually works. Take it from a girl who has spent half of her post-puberty life in a dermatologist's office. It does bleach your towels if you are not very careful. I suggest using white towels only while using Proactiv.
  • Fresh: Verdict: Mixed reviews (some of the line is awesome, other products are worth saving money on). I miss you, Fresh! I tried to save money this month and buy Neutrogena instead. Makes a big difference. Smells awesome and has very pretty packaging. Sugar Bath cubes are incredible. Moisturizing clay face lotion is incredible. The makeup remover doesn't remove makeup very well, I still need to use toner. As I recently read in a book on cosmetics, why use expensive face wash when it just goes down the drain? Save the money for skincare products that actually stay on your face, like lotions.
  • Neutrogena: Verdict Mixed reviews (face wash ok, moisturizer doesn't work)

2 comments:

  1. NIVEA made an AMAZING eye makeup remover when we were in college. I'm sure it's in a new packaging by now. But it's cheap and fabulous.
    Otherwise I use Arbonne. It's pricey, but it does the job. But I am always looking for new natural and botanical options. I a little bit of a product junkie. But I'm limited myself for the sake of my bank account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Courtney! Cool blog:)
    I loved ProActiv! I used it all through college. It does bleach towels and pillow cases...but now my skin has changed and I have eczema and still break out a little. Tough combo. I love Eucerin Calming Cream for my body...still working on finding the perfect combo for my face. It usually takes 3 different kinds of moisturizers to combat the dryness/eczema on my face (and sometimes a steroid cream).

    ReplyDelete