Monday, August 24, 2009

Wipes & Diapers

Ok...sorry if you don't have any kids but please allow...
Before I was a mom, I was insistent on finding "plain" diapers with no characters on them. I've come a long way, baby.

Wipes:
  • Up and Up (Target brand): Verdict: Yes! They are my favorite wipes. Really big, with ridges (first wipes I've seen like this) that help with cleaning...well...stuff
  • Especially for Baby (Babies R Us Brand): Verdict: No. Kind of dry. Thin. Useless.
  • Pampers Wipes: Verdict: My second favorite choice, but more expensive than the Target brand.
Diapers (Please bear with me, I have tried everything on the market looking for the aforementioned "plain" diaper):
  • Earth's Best: Verdit: Nah. Too stiff. Hard. Not flexible.
  • Huggies: Verdict: Nah. Too much "all-over" print. Ridiculous advertisement. I don't want my 12-month-old to beg for Disney stuff just yet. More expensive than Pampers, I believe.
  • Pampers: Verdict: Yes. My favorite brand for all sizes tried so far. Regrettably, not plain. But...less hoopla than the Huggies.
  • 7th Generation: Verdict: Nah. I had such high hopes. They are a little shorter in back than other brands and you risk extra leakage during the exploding diaper phase. Love the look. Maybe for a photo where you want a nice, plain, earth-friendly, kinda-cute light-khaki diaper.
  • Target Brand: Verdict: Maybe. Cuter, in terms of an all-over print. Kind of stiff and hard like the Earth's Best. They don't seem like they'd be comfortable. I did not try them on :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, the 7th Generation are also the most expensive. I have also high hopes for the "little g" pants, but only if I become a millionaire by child #2. Need to be more realistically priced for the mass market. Would love to save the planet, but can't do it at the current price. Also a little dubious about the recommended "add-on appliance" recommended for attachment to the toilet in order to clean. I'm serious! Read about these on the web one day when you want a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we switched to the target brand diapers a month ago. they worked just as well as the huggies we were using and are 1/4 of the price!! i had high hopes for the g diapers, too, but i was a little skeptical that they would be as effective and they are sooo expensive.

    and thanks for the tip on the target wipes ... we will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete